Friday March 29th
Midstate Regional Library, Berlin, VT
A day long workshop hosted by the Vermont Public Libraries Section of the Vermont Library Association.
Come learn, be inspired, and gain crucial skills from your peers in Vermont public libraries. Librarians and trustees will share their stories and strategies for long term success.
Attendees receive a goodie bag and advocacy tool kit. FREE for VLA members; $15 registration fee for non-VLA members.
9:30-10:00 – Coffee/Muffins Welcome
10:00 – 12:00 – Panel discussion
Programming as Advocacy! This panel discussion will address how libraries have done successful community outreach, with time for questions and brainstorming.
- Susan O’Connell – Craftsbury Public Library
- Sam Maskell – Rockingham Free Library
- Deborah Tinkham – Bradford Public Library
=== LUNCH BREAK ===
1:00 – 2:10 PM – Panel Discussion
Long-term relationships as Advocacy! – Building & maintaining good relationships is important. Trustees are a big part of sustainable financial/community relations.
- Kristen Hughes – Bent Northrop Memorial Library
- Laurel Stanley – Trustee Representative to VLA
- Célina Houlné – Rockingham Free Library
2:15-3:00 – Open Session
Break into groups based on the size of your public library.
3-3:15pm – Closing Remarks, Adjourn, group photo