Professional, administrative, technical, and managerial work assisting the Library Director in the operations of the Library.
Reports to the Library Director
Full Time, 40 Hours per week, some nights and weekends, exempt
Salary and Benefits:
$40-45K DOE, 2 weeks’ starting vacation, two personal days, two weeks sick time, excellent health insurance, Participation in New Hampshire Retirement System (Pension plan) required, Voluntary 457 Plan
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage volunteer program
· Compile statistics on a monthly and annual basis and run overdue material reports
· Serve as “Librarian in Charge” in the absence of the Library Director
· Answer reference, technology, and reader advisory questions
· Promote and train public on the use of library catalog, downloadable books, and electronic databases
· Assist in the formulation and implementation of library policies and procedures
· Assist in strategic and technology planning
· Working with Programs Coordinator, identify potential library programs and assist in the promotion of those programs
· Train staff on new services and technologies
· Supervise Technology Librarian and oversee interlibrary loan service
· Working with Director, manage the weeding of materials as necessary
· Make suggestions for new materials to the Director and Head of Youth Services
· Update library website as necessary and contribute to social media presence
· Conduct maintenance of patron database and perform circulation related tasks
· Present public programs
· In the absence of the History Room Curator, assist the public in local history research
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
· Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS) and three (3) years public library experience
· Three (3) years of library administrative or supervisory experience
· Experience and expertise in the use of the KOHA integrated library system a major plus
A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform responsibilities of this position may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements.
· Extensive knowledge of library principles, practices, and programs
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
· Knowledge of technology trends
· Knowledge of popular reading materials
Conway Community Information:
Three hours north of Boston and located in the heart of New Hampshire’s famed White Mountains, Conway serves as the gateway to the Mount Washington Valley. Four season outdoor recreational activities abound in this hiking and skiing paradise. North Conway is home to numerous outlet stores, quaint shops, and cafes. New Hampshire has no sales or income tax. For more information visit http://www.mtwashingtonvalley.
Deadline: This position will be open until filled.
Submit resume, cover letter and the names of three references to Director David Smolen via email at dsmolen@conwaypubliclibrary.