The Board of Trustees of the Pierson Library in Shelburne, VT is currently seeking candidates for the position of Library Director. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, community minded, and tech loving librarian with proven managerial skills to define and guide our library. We are looking for someone to expand and strengthen our role within the community and shape the vision of our physical and virtual library as the town explores the opportunity to fund new space and renovations.Read More
The Vermont Department of Libraries seeks a skilled, motivated, and innovative librarian to serve as Library Consultant for Special Populations. The successful candidate will provide consulting and professional development activities with a special focus on special populations, including: oversight of the Library for the Blind & Physically Disabled, library services to state institutions, management of the local recording program for visually and physically disabled citizens, library services to new Americans, ADA, and adult literacy. Consultant works with the National Library Service (NLS) and a citizen Advisory Council, and with partner organizations that serve the disabled and adult learners. Conducts outreach and public relations. Supervises one or more employees at the Library for the Blind & Physically Disabled.Read More
Middlebury College seeks a creative and user-focused information professional to join our library staff as Digital Scholarship & UX Design Librarian. The Digital Scholarship & UX Design Librarian will catalyze and support the use of digital research methods within the library and across academic disciplines. Specifically, the person in this position will apply user-centered, universal design principles to digital projects, library web content and printed materials in a team-based work environment. Working in close collaboration with colleagues, the Digital Scholarship & UX Design Librarian will also teach information skills, provide research and technology assistance, and create print and web-based instructional and publicity materials. If you have a passion for digital scholarship, teaching, and a commitment to the evolving role of the library in a liberal arts education, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Qualifications for position listed above:
- Must hold a valid Vermont Teacher’s License or in the process of becoming licensed
- If applying from out of state, must be eligible for Vermont Teacher’s Licensure
- Must meet NCLB – Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) status
- Application must have 3 letters of recommendation
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 2
Equal Opportunity Employer
Milton Town School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Submit all application materials that include your cover letter, resume, transcripts, license and three letters of references electronically via SchoolSpring. Applications submitted in any other format will not be considered.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
- Enjoyment of children
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Ability to work well with others
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to perform clerical tasks with limited supervision
- Proficiency in technological applications, including the Google platform, Internet browsers, search engines and databases
- A willingness to keep abreast of changing technologies and assume new responsibilities required by the introduction of new services and equipment.
- Assist the librarian in the operation of the library
- Operate library catalog to check in/out materials
- Assist students in locating and choosing library materials
- Repair damaged books
- Maintain library records
- Reshelve books
- Maintain library equipment
- Help maintain appropriate student behavior in the library
- Data entry
- Complete other tasks as assigned
Part-time: 10-12 hrs./week
Compensation Range: $12-$15/hr.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Addison Northeast Supervisory Union is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The Kellogg-Hubbard in Montpelier, VT seeks a part-time circulation librarian to work in the Adult Department. The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills and 4 years of college plus library related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Regular duties include working the circulation desk, providing reference services and encouraging patron use of all library facilities. This position is part of the library’s collective bargaining unit. The schedule is Monday and Thursday evenings from 4:15 – 8:15 pm and all day Saturday 9:30 – 5:45 (Saturday mornings only in the summer months)
Please email your cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com. Position open until filled.