The Circulation Manager and Library Reference Associate is responsible for the customer service experience at the library services desk and all circulation activities of the Kreitzberg Library and includes but is not limited to:
- hiring, training and supervising students to help run the library services desk and monitor the library during all hours of operation including being on call during the evening and on the weekends
- recommending policies and writing procedures for circulation operations
- billing students for lost library materials through Banner
- processing and organizing faculty reserve materials
The Circulation Manager and Library Reference Associate also provides basic reference services and serves on the library’s reference team.
- A bachelor’s degree; additional years of directly related experience and course work beyond high school may be substituted for degree.
- Strong supervisory skills including assigning and overseeing work, involvement in the hiring and selection of office staff and work-study students.
- Superb customer service skills.
- General knowledge of computer systems and programs including word processing, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to work independently with referring only questionable matters or matter of policy to supervisor.
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a positive education and work environment that recognizes and respects the dignity of all students, faculty and staff. Reasonable accommodations will be made for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
All candidates must be a US Citizen/Permanent Resident legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future. A post offer, pre-employment background check will be required of the successful candidate.
Norwich University offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependent care, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, employee assistance program, paid time off including parental leave, and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and Norwich application: https://norwich.interviewexchange.com.
Application deadline: June 1, 2018