Posted on Behalf of Danielle DeLisle, VT Coordinator for the NaNoWriMo Bookdrive.
Hi! I am collecting books from all around Vermont for the First Annual Great NaNoWriMo Book Drive, a fundraiser for the Office of Letters & Light. OLL provides the national support for National Novel Writing Month, ScriptFrenzy, and the Young Writer’s Program. All of these are programs that support creativity, perseverance, and a fresh relationship to writing and literature.
If you have books your library would like to donate, please contact me at 802-473-8778 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me know where you are I will find some way to get the books. We can work it out when you contact me. We are collecting until December 15th. Below is more information on the drive and the books we can and can’t use. Thank you for your time! Libraries pretty much rock.
The First Annual Great NaNoWriMo Book Drive will take place from October 1-December 15, 2010. To facilitate the Great NaNoWriMo Book Drive, the Office of Letters and Light has partnered with Better World Books, a socially conscious online bookstore. Thanks to Better World Books, the used books you collect will raise money for the Office of Letters and Light’s free creative writing programs.
The Great NaNoWriMo Book Drive will take place in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Each participating region will have a bookdriver-in-chief responsible for coordinating book collection in that region.
Books that do well:
- Antiquarian, Rare, and Collectable Books (See ARC Document for more detailshttp://www.betterworldbooks.com/Content/ReuseFirst/files/ARCGuidelinesMa
- Dictionaries and Thesauri
- DVDs and Books on CD (must be operable include original artwork and casing)
- Ex-library Copies (do not remove treatments)
- Gently used Children’s Books (especially Newbery Winners)
- Hardcover Fiction and Nonfiction
- Mass Market Paperbacks (must be in like new condition with copyright 1980 or newer)
- Textbooks (copyright 1998 or newer)
- Trade Paperbacks
- Travel Books (copyright within last 5 years)
Books that are sadly unsellable and should not be sent:
- Academic Journals or Literary Criticisms
- Activity Books (coloring, crossword, etc.)
- Books Published by Magazines
- Case Law and Procedural Law Books
- Custom Course Packets
- Directories or Telephone Books
- Encyclopedia Britannica, World Book, or Incomplete Sets
- LP Records, VHS Tapes, Cassettes, or CDs
- Open Software Sets
- Periodicals or Magazines (i.e. National Geographic, TV Guides)
- Tax or Government Documents
- Book Club Editions
- Harlequin Romance Novels
- The Modern Library Series
- Reader’s Digest Condensed
- Marquis Who’s Who
Books in the following condition are shunned by their peers and also should not be sent:
- Water Damaged
- Damaged Binding or Pages
- Missing Covers or Pages
- Excessive Writing, Markings, or Highlighting
- Cut Out Library Treatments
- Warped (softcover books)