PAY RATE: $15.00 per hour; 18 hours per week from September 4, 2018 through May 17, 2019*
START DATE: September 2018
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Nahman-Watson Library at Greenfield Community College seeks an engaged and service-oriented individual who enjoys working with students and collaborating with others on varied projects. This part-time position involves providing customer of service for the library including resolving student technology issues as well as providing circulation and basic reference functions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Staff the library desk and interact with patrons in a friendly and professional manner
- Provide circulation, reserves, and basic information services.
- Assist students with technical issues, including occasional in-depth consultations.
- Log all technical interactions for record keeping.
- Troubleshoot problems with library technology, including printers.
- Assist in the development of instructional materials and library publications.
- Assist library staff with special projects.
- Help keep the library clean, organized and stocked with supplies.
- Close and secure the library per established procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (A.A. or A.S.) from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Mac OS and Learning Management System (Moodle) and other current technologies.
- Experience with computer hardware, including printers and scanners.
- Ability to interact with students, faculty and staff in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with others in a collaborative environment.
- Previous experience in customer service.
- Previous library work experience.
- Experience in a community college setting.
- Experience with Evergreen ILS.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and basic web design.
- Experience in desktop publishing.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
* This position will NOT work during the Winter Break (December 23, 2018-January 23, 2019) NOR during Spring Break Week (March 17-23, 2019). Normal hours are M-Th: 3:30-8:00 p.m.
Applications accepted up to and including June 20, 2018.
Applications received after June 20, 2018 MAY be considered until the position is filled.