Tracy Memorial Library in New London, NH seeks a creative, energetic professional with a passion for providing excellent library service to children and teens. The Head of Youth Services instills a love of reading, libraries, and learning by providing a welcoming atmosphere, delivering quality programming, and maintaining an outstanding collection through traditional and innovative methods.
Qualities and Skills
• The ability to communicate well with children and teens
• A positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
• A high degree of comfort with technology and the desire to learn and apply new technology to the library setting
• A broad knowledge of children’s literature
• Event coordination, planning and organization skills
• Excellent customer service orientation and sense of humor
Education and Experience
• Considerable professional experience serving children, teens and families, including collection development, reference and reader’s advisory, program implementation, and marketing
• Master’s degree in library science (or equivalent graduate degree) and three years of professional library experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Visit the Library’s website (www.tracylibrary.org) for full job description.
Salary range: $19.91 – $29.87 per hour ($37,300 – $55,900 per year); 36 hours per week; excellent benefits package. EOE
Applications submitted by April 18 will receive priority consideration. Start date is as soon as possible. Hiring is subject to criminal records check. Send résumé and thoughtful letter of interest, including what attracts you to this position, to:
Sandra Licks, Director
Tracy Memorial Library
New London, NH 03257
About New London, NH
Located midway between Concord and Hanover and bordered by three lakes, New London is a picturesque community with a year-round population of approximately 4,500, which doubles in the summer. Town amenities include Colby-Sawyer College, New London Hospital, the Barn Playhouse summer theater, Town beaches, and easy access to Mt. Sunapee and Ragged Mt. ski resorts. Tracy Memorial Library is a 14,000 square foot facility consisting of an historical building which was expanded in 1990 and remodeled recently.