Are you passionate about diversity, inclusivity, and history? Would you like to help an institution unearth moments from its past that highlight the experiences of marginalized groups or peoples? The Dartmouth Library’s Rauner Special Collections Library seeks an outgoing, service-focused, and intellectually curious Institutional History Research Specialist who will oversee the Library’s Historical Accountability contribution to the college’s Inclusive Excellence initiative.
Over the course of the position’s year-long term, you will:
- manage the Rauner Student Research Fellowship program
- supervise the student research internship program
- develop a publicly-accessible web-based product that incorporates the students’ research related to issues inclusivity and diversity from Dartmouth’s past
- provide basic research support in the reading room
- provide research support for specialized projects related to Dartmouth history.
Ideally, you will have:
- library experience
- supervisory experience
- an advanced degree in a humanities field
- familiarity with the history of Dartmouth College
- experience working with rare or fragile materials
This position is a full-time (37.5 hrs/wk), one-year term position and requires a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. For more information and to apply online, go to http://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu.
Please refer to position #1125924.We will conduct application reviews on a continual basis until the position is filled. Dartmouth College conducts background checks.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.