Our Founders Elementary school is seeking a long-term substitute Learning Center Assistant to assist the Learning Center Coordinator in the implementation of the learning center program, which includes resources and services for students, teachers, parents, administrators, and community members. Position is 7.5 hours/day and is expected to be available through the end of December, 2018. Position pays $15.79/hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
– Operates the computer automated circulation and catalog system for sharing learning center resources.
– Catalogs and processes learning center resources under the supervisor of the Library Media Specialist.
– Shelves materials and helps to maintain an inviting environment for students and staff.
– Works with students of all grade and ability levels.
– Assists students and staff in using automated catalog, reference materials and other print resources, electronic databases, and audiovisual equipment.
– Advises students about age appropriate literature selection according to ability level.
– Helps students develop attitude, habits, and independent skills leading to lifelong library use.
– Assists the Learning Center Coordinator with yearly inventory of materials and equipment.
– Schedules, delivers and maintains audiovisual equipment.
– Leads and guides student and adult volunteers.
– Assists the Learning Center Coordinator with materials selection through reviewing current journals and attendance at workshops and conferences.
– Substitutes for the Learning Center Coordinator when absent.
– Performs any other related duties assigned by the Library Media Specialist.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
– Great interpersonal and communication skills
– Love working with elementary aged students
– Great analytical and problem solving skills
– High accuracy and attention to detail
– Good organizational skills
– Able to maintain confidentiality