General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that the school library is an essential element of the school by fostering a creative and welcoming environment.
- Manages procedures for the acquisition, collection development, organization, maintenance, circulation and inventory of print and electronic resources for the library.
- Collaborates with and supports teachers in the implementation of classroom curriculum.in collaboration with district librarians and technology teachers, promotes and teaches information literacy through print, library databases and the Internet.
- Evaluates and uses existing and emerging technologies to support teaching and learning.
- Promotes the ethical use of information: copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property.
- Plays a critical role in the maintenance of the school’s website, particularly around school news
Equal Opportunity Employer
Windham Northeast Supervisory Union is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
- Vermont library media specialist educator endorsement or certifiable