Cabot School seeks an individual committed to empowering our students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information. The successful candidate for this position will have skill, experience and enthusiasm in both the library and classroom environments, and will work in the combined roles of school librarian, as well as reading and literacy Interventionist for grades 5-8.
Specific Duties Will Include:
- Maintaining a highly successful library program for grades PK-12, including teaching scheduled elementary classes focusing on creating a love for reading, research skills, and technology integration.
- Collaborating with middle and high school faculty and students on readers’ advisory, research and continued implementation of our 1:1 technology program.
- Supervising and collaborating with a nearly full-time library assistant who focuses on circulation and materials management, as well as assisting with elementary classes as required.
- Providing Tier 2 reading support in grades 5-8, in collaboration with classroom teachers.
Job ID: 2490784
Application Deadline: Posted Until Filled
Posted: March 22, 2016
Starting Date: August 26, 2016
Position Type: Full-time
Welcome to Cabot School!
Cabot School, located in Cabot, Vermont (25 miles from Montpelier, VT) is a small, very successful rural PreK-12 school. Our school is part of a strong and supportive community that values its students and encourages the acquisition of knowledge and skills necessary for them to become and remain informed, productive, self-sufficient and responsible citizens. Learn more about us…
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington Northeast Supervisory Union is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Current Vermont Library/Media Specialist endorsement, and Reading/Literacy Specialist endorsement or the ability to obtain it is required.
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
P.O. Box 470
Plainfield, Vermont 05667
Phone: (802) 454-1520