The librarian is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the school library program, facility, and materials. Collaborating with other staff members, the librarian provides developmentally appropriate programs and procedures which meet the specific needs of students in his/her assigned school. The librarian reports to the building principal and supervises aides as assigned. Performance in this position will be evaluated in accordance in the current Master Agreement between the Colchester Education Association and the School Board. Evaluation will be completed according to the guidelines defined in the district’s Differentiated Evaluation Process.
Terms of Employment
Salary and work year are in accordance with the current Master Contract and salary schedule.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exempt
- Current Vermont Department of Education license as a school librarian and/or media specialist
- Masters degree in library science strongly preferred; prior teaching/supervisory experience desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and collaborative skills
- Knowledge and experience in the use of technology, telecommunications, and automation
- Commitment to the district’s mission and Strategic Plan
- Supervise the operation of the school library/media center on a daily basis
- Instruct, supervise, and facilitate the professional knowledge of all library staff
- Develop, submit to the principal, and administer an annual budget for all materials and equipment purchased through the library
- Serve as a resource person to all students and staff in the school; create appropriate library/media center programs
- Orient new students and staff to current library procedures, practices, resources, and programs
- Actively participate in faculty, department, team, and other school based meetings, as appropriate
- Encourage the involvement of faculty and students in the selection of new library materials and/or related technology/equipment
- Supervise the classification, repair, and inventory of all library books and resources
- Facilitate access to materials through automation, inter library, CD ROM usage, and/or computer networking
- Collaborate with other librarians in development, dissemination, implementation, and evaluation of both school based procedures and district policies related to library resources (e.g. Copyright Policy, Materials Selection/Review Policy, Student/Parent Handbooks, etc.).
Job ID: 2500974
Application Deadline: Posted Until Filled
Posted: March 25, 2016
Starting Date: July 1, 2016
Position Type: Full-time
Welcome to Colchester Middle School!
Colchester Middle School, part of the Colchester School District, is located on beautiful Malletts Bay and the home of the CMS “Cougars.” Learn more about us…
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States
Michele Cote, Principal
PO Box 28
425 Blakely Road
Colchester, Vermont 05446
Phone: (802) 264-5800