This position is located in Claremont, NH. This position is a Friday and Saturday schedule.
SCOPE OF WORK: Performs semi-routine duties for College Library, such as checking library materials in and out, shelving library materials, and processing library materials. This position shall report to the Director of Learning Resources at River Valley Community College.
Friday: 7:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday: 9:00a.m.to 3:00p.m.
Up to 15 hours per week.
- Checks library materials in and out using automated circulation system.
- Processes newly acquired library materials (jacketing, labeling, etc.)
- Accessions and shelves periodicals.
- Shelves books and videos.
- Performs input of records into online catalogue and statewide union catalogue.
- Helps students and general public find information and materials.
- Assists student and the general public in the use of the internet and word processing software.
- Complies with all college, system, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent.
Experience: Six (6) months’ clerical experience including computer knowledge, preferably in connection with library operations.
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS: Knowledge of correct English usage, punctuation, spelling, grammar and vocabulary. Working knowledge of modern library techniques, procedures and working tools used in accessioning, cataloging, circulating and maintaining library materials. Skills in the performance of clerical and manipulative tasks. Ability to type and maintain a filing system and to adjust to a considerable amount of routine work. Ability to letter legibly and skillfully. Ability to apply library methods and principles in acquiring, circulation and providing limited patron services. Ability to understand and carry out moderately
complex oral and written instructions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other library personnel and the general public. Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities as determined by the college appointing authority.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description list is descriptive of general duties and is not intended to list every specific function of this class title.
If you require more information about this position, please contact Diane Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org.