As part of an information gathering exercise for the ALA Washington Office, I need to know if there are any â€œshovel readyâ€ library construction projects in our state. If your library is planning such a project (renovation or new construction) and you are far enough in the planning that you could start building in the near future, I want to hear from you. I am especially interested in public libraries, but want to hear about other library projects, too.
When the Obama administration begins to look for projects to â€œput people to workâ€ we want to be able to suggest the idea of library construction.
I need to know:
- Name of library and contact person/info;
- Kind of project (new building; addition; renovation, etc.);
- Estimated cost of project;
- Expected start date for construction.
- Even if you have already contracted with an architect or builder, Iâ€™d like to know about your plans.
Please contact me immediately so I can compile a list.
Vermont Department of Libraries
109 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05609-0601
Tel: (802) 828-3265
Fax: (802) 828-2199