Calef Memorial Library in Washington, VT seeks a library director to manage all aspects of this small rural library and lead it through a time of change as the building gets an addition this summer that will make it handicap accessible.
Duties and areas of responsibility include:
- Story Times
- Collection development and weeding
- Technology management
- Website administration
- Outreach and public relations
- Program planning and implementation
- Data collection and reporting
- Managing and training library staff, substitutes, and volunteers
The director must have excellent communication skills, a high degree of computer literacy, and an enthusiasm for engaging all members of the public around books, reading, and technology.
This is a part-time position including between 20-26 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- An MLS or Public Library Certification, or working toward the same.
- Acceptable background check
- Availability during library’s regular operating hours
- Experience in a public or school library setting
- Familiarity with the Koha ILS
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to PO Box 141, Washington, VT 05675.