Jericho Center, Vermont, an idyllic community 15 miles outside of Burlington, is seeking a Library Director for the Jericho Town Library. The Librarian is hired by and responsible to the Board of Trustees. The position is part-time, 24 hours per week. The library is open 19 hours per week and there is an additional discretionary 5 hours of administrative time. The salary, depending on experience ranges from $15-$20 per hour, with pro-rated benefits. Qualifications include a 4-year college degree, preferably with a focus in Library Sciences, at least 2 years of related experience, as well as Vermont Library Certification.
Some of the skills desired in the ideal candidate include:
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgement
- Knowledge of computers, the internet and library software
- Ability to prepare comprehensive monthly/yearly reports and budgets, presenting ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form, as well as manage and evaluate library operations
- Creativity to develop and implement programs and services
- Ability to foster, motivate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, volunteers, community agencies, town government, the public and the Board of Trustees
- Ability to promote the use of the library by all members of the community and act as the library spokesperson
- Ability to organize job responsibilities and work independently
Flexibility, creativity, energy and excellent interpersonal skills are a must. The Library Director is responsible for the administration, supervision and coordination of all activities of the library, establishing it as an integral part of the community, as well as carrying out the Policies adopted by the Library Board of Trustees.
Please send a cover letter, a formal resume, and three references to email@example.com
Interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates.