Welcome to Monument Elementary School!
The faculty of Monument Elementary School believes that education concerns the growth of the whole child. Cognitive, affection, and psychomotor growth each are vital in the learning experiences of a child and are interrelated. In creating this learning environment, the staff: -aims to establish an enjoyable, comfortable and least restrictive atmosphere. -strives for each child to have a positive self-image. Learn more about us…
- Bachelor’s degree in related education field
- Must hold or be eligible to hold Vermont certification with endorsement 3-61
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- The librarian is an active member of the school community and commits to the implementation of the school’s Comprehensive, Integrated, Three-Tiered model of Prevention.
- The librarian meets with the administration to review and plan the program.
- The librarian selects materials, according to policies and promotes access to information in a variety of formats, including emerging technologies to meet student information needs.
- The librarian catalogs materials according to professional standards (e.g. online catalog).
- The librarian encourages access to materials, including inter-library loan for students and staff.
- The librarian and principal develop a budget, which supports the program. The librarian manages the budget efficiently.
- The librarian ensures that the library is well organized, attractive and welcoming. The librarian plans for the use of equipment. The librarian makes certain there is organized space for selection, processing and circulation of materials.
- The librarian collaborates with teachers to work toward a program that is fully integrated into the school curriculum
- The librarian is an active participant in school curriculum and technology committees
- The librarian participates in local, state and national professional organizations, and attends meetings as needed
- The librarian’s Individual Professional Development Plan reflects the goals for the program
Position Type: Part-time
Equal Opportunity Employer
Southwest Vermont Supervisory Union is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required