Black River High School/Middle School has an opening in the 2016/2017 school year for one Library Media Specialist.
The ideal candidate will have experience that will achieve these goals:
- Ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information
- Empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information
- Instill a love of learning in all students and ensure equitable access to information
- Is able to collaborate with classroom teachers and specialists to design and implement lessons and units of instruction, and assess student learning and instructional effectiveness
- Provide the leadership and expertise necessary to ensure that the school library program (SLP) is aligned with the mission, goals, and objectives of the school and the school district, and is an integral component of the learning/instructional program
Equal Opportunity Employer
Two Rivers Supervisory Union is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Qualified candidates must hold or be eligible to hold a valid VT Educator License with Library Media Specialist (61) Endorsement plus meet the HQT requirements for the endorsement.
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Shannon Martin, Principal – Black River Middle High School
43 Main Street
Ludlow, Vermont 05149
Phone: (802) 228-7930
Fax: (802) 228-7233