Chester-Andover Elementary School has an opening for the 2016/2017 school year for one Library Media Specialist.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- collaborate with other teachers as an instructional partner in learning opportunities
- promote reading for pleasure and information that demonstrates understanding, diverse viewpoints, and genres
- engage and motivate students to read for academic success, personal interest and lifelong learning
- model the integration of technology in teaching and learning.
- develop and maintain a collection of resources appropriate to the curriculum, the learners, and the teaching styles and instructional strategies used within the school community and in accordance with district policy
- cooperate and network with other librarians, libraries, and agencies to provide access to resources outside the school
- understand and promote the ethical use of information: copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property
- evaluate, promote, and use existing and emerging technologies to support teaching and learning, connect the school with the global learning community, and provide equal access to library services.
- advocate for equitable access to information for all learners in the school community
- serve on school and district decision-making teams
- measure the school library program according to school, state, and national standards
- create a resource-rich physical and virtual environment conducive to active and participatory learning
- plan and provide professional development
- research relevant and current professional practices and emerging technologies
- maintain active memberships in professional associations
- advocate for school library programs and the role of the library program in the educational community
- create and maintain a flexible teaching and learning environment that is inviting, safe, and conducive to student success
- establish policies and procedures for selection, acquisition, circulation, resource sharing, etc. that provide appropriate resources that are available when needed
- develop school library program goals and objectives that are aligned with school and district long-range strategic plans for improved student learning
- prepare and administer the school library program budget
- manage resources and facilities for continuous improvement of the library program
- participate in the recruiting, hiring, and training of other professionals, educational library assistants, students, and volunteer staff
- gather and analyze data to improve instruction and demonstrate correlations between the SLP and student achievement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Two Rivers Supervisory Union is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Click here for more information and to apply