Our Summit Street Elementary School is seeking a full-time long-term substitute Library Media Specialist. The position is available beginning immediately through mid January, 2017. The position shall involve supporting students and teachers in achieving the high national and state standards represented in local curriculum as well as the Common Core Standards; providing a full-service 21st century library/media center that incorporates both books and contemporary technological tools; and responding to the needs of all students at a variety of reading levels through the development of individual learning plans. Candidates must be able to support teachers and students with information literacy and technology. A genuine interest, appreciation and love of primary elementary school students is essential, as well as having the ability to ignite students’ interest in reading and to continually foster a love of learning.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Holds or is eligible to hold a valid VT Educator license with a Library Media Specialist endorsement (3-61). Individuals who hold a valid Elementary Education endorsement (1-00) and are willing to go through the steps of obtaining a Provisional Library Media Endorsement shall also be considered.
- Ability to implement a focus of literacy across the content areas, and expertise in utilizing technology to support instruction.
- Dedication to providing a safe and respectful learning environment for students.
- Excellent teaching, organizational, planning, written and oral communication, and collaboration skills.
- Commitment to the success of ALL students, and ability to understand and teach to the various learning styles of students.
- The ability to effectively engage all students.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of knowledge and professional practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the student population being served and how demographic variables impact student achievement, and effectively uses this knowledge to effectively design and delivery instruction.
- Effectively integrates 21st century skills into the learning environment.
- Good supervisory skills; previous supervisory experience preferred.
Click here for full job description.
Position pays $238.93/day.
Applications only accepted electronically through www.schoolspring.com.