The Swanton School has an opening for an energetic, creative, and dedicated Library-Media Specialist beginning in school year 2018-2019. We seek a qualified teacher who is dynamic and innovative. This teacher will play an essential role in creating a vibrant and diverse learning center in two libraries.
Position shall involve supporting students and teachers in achieving the high national and state standards represented in local curriculum(ie.Humanities) as well as the Common Core Standards; providing a full-service 21st century library/media center that incorporates both print literacy and contemporary technological tools. Candidates must be able to support and collaborate with teachers to address students learning expectations with information literacy skills and the integrated use of educational technology .Candidates who embrace a growth mindset and who encourage a sense of inquiry for all students and staff are considered highly valued professional practice traits.for this position. A genuine interest, appreciation and love of elementary school students is essential, as well as having the ability to ignite students’ interest in reading and to continually foster a love of learning through multiple pathways.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
– Holds or is eligible to hold a valid VT Educator license with a Library Media Specialist endorsement (3-61).
– Ability to implement a focus of literacy across the content areas, and expertise in utilizing technology to support instruction.
– Dedication to providing a safe and respectful learning environment for students.( Promote PBIS Model)
– Excellent teaching, organizational, planning, written and oral communication, and collaboration skills.
– Commitment to the success of ALL students, and ability to understand and teach to the various learning styles of students.
– The ability to effectively engage all students and supports an open library approach which broadens access and results in greater learner use of the learning center resources.
– Commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of knowledge and professional practice.
– Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the student population being served and how demographic variables impact student achievement, and effectively uses this knowledge to effectively design and deliver instruction.
– Effectively integrates 21st century skills into the learning environment.
– Demonstrates a growth mindset and a passion for creativity!
Interested individuals should apply via School Spring.