Lothrop Elementary School in Pittsford, VT, is seeking a Library Media Specialist/Technology Integrationist to fill a vacancy for the 2017-2018 school year.
• Develop technology literacy curriculum in accordance with state and federal standards.
• Create technology learning resources for teachers, staff, and students.
• Work with school administrators and teachers to integrate technology into all aspects of the curriculum.
• Consult with school staff on the use of technology.
• Provide direct instruction to students.
• Provide direct training and professional development for teachers and other professionals
• Knowledge of children’s and young adult literature, and of trends in school librarianship, required
• Knowledge of computer technology experience related to information retrieval and library automation
• Ability to integrate technology into the learning environment
• The use of differentiated instruction to support all students
• Experience or interest in project based learning
• Knowledge of best practices regarding school-wide student management protocols (Responsive Classroom, MTSS)
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with parents, community members, and area businesses
• Ability to create and maintain in the school library a teaching and learning environment that is inviting, safe, flexible, and conducive to student learning
• Ability for excellent teaching, organizational, planning, written and oral communication, and collaboration skills
• Commitment to the success of all students, and ability to understand and teach to the various learning styles of students
• Ability to effectively engage students
• Ability to remain current in professional practices and developments, information technologies, and educational research applicable to school library programs
• Ability to interact respectfully and collegially with colleagues
• Ability to participate on a team in contribution to the school
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance with federal, state and RNESU requirements.
• Ability to keep and maintain accurate records and meet deadlines.
• Ability to act on and uphold the policies and procedures established by the board and administration
Must hold or be eligible for a VT Agency of Education License as Library Media Specialist
Lothrop School is a PK-6 school of over 240 students located in the Sunshine Village of Pittsford, Vermont. Lothrop is minutes from both the city of Rutland and Killington ski area. Parent and community volunteers play an active, vital role in the school. The school places high priority on both a positive culture and innovation. Lothrop School is a PBiS School with a comprehensive system for identifying students needs and creating intervention and enrichment opportunities to support students. Weekly, all students participate in exploratory groups for enrichment activities.
PK-6 we have over 240 students. About 25% of our students are students with IEP’s. Our free and reduced population is currently close to 50%.
School Specific Initiative:
Lothrop Elementary is a PBiS and Responsive Classroom school. We have an MTSSB system that includes Teacher Talk Teams made up of grade level cluster teachers, special educators, interventionists, and the principal and a Student Support Team which is made up of teachers, school counselor, and principal. Our curriculum is based on the CCSS and RNESU Compact. We use a literacy block model for integrated ELA and Bridges program for mathematics to address these expectations.