Burlington is a vibrant, picturesque community on Lake Champlain and the most culturally diverse city in Vermont. Burlington has an international airport, and is in close proximity to a number of large cities, including Montreal (90 minutes away by car), Boston (45 minutes by air), and New York City (one hour by air). With our excellent schools system, parks and Lake Champlain, and local ski mountains within an hour’s drive, it is not surprising that Burlington routinely finds itself on the “best places in the country to raise children” lists.
The Integrated Arts academy is seeking a full-time Library Media /Technology Integration Specialist for the next school year. This person will be responsible for providing all students with an enriched Learning Center environment containing a wide variety of materials and procedures that will invite intellectual growth and aid all students in acquiring the skills needed to take full advantage of our school’s resources; for providing professional development to all staff in the integration of technology across the curriculum; and for developing curricular models and resources to support this professional development.
- Licensed or eligible for Vermont Educators License.
- Endorsement as a Library Media Specialist or eligible for Vt Provisional License.
- Documented or eligible for NCLB Highly Qualified Teacher status as applicable
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Understanding of Cultural Competency (as explained through Essay 1 in SchoolSpring)
- Demonstrated competence in a regular teaching assignment for at least two years
- Experience overseeing/supervising a school library
- Training or experience with library curriculum supporting literacy for reading level K-8
- Training or experience providing technology professional development for faculty
- Training or experience with information literacy curriculum and its integration into K-12 curriculum
- Training or experience with technology applications and their integration into K-12 curriculum
- Knowledge of best practices regarding student management protocols
- Training and/or experience with English Language Learners
- Experience in a professional/teaching learning community
- Experience in implementing inclusive practices
- Knowledge/ability to provide support for Personalized Learning Plans
- Ongoing educational coursework in library information science and/or technology integration