Under the supervision of the Acquisitions and Office Manager, this position is responsible for developing and recommending coherent communication strategies to promote the Library’s brand to different audience segments using the most effective communication channels. The individual works collaboratively and independently to create strategic messaging products.
Drafts communication strategies to promote the Library’s services and accomplishments through creating strategic messaging products using print and electronic media.
Identifies effective communication efforts to improve the Library’s brand awareness in alignment with its strategic goals and priorities.
Fosters ongoing relationships and collaborate with library stakeholders and clients in various units and departments. Serve as internal consultant to them by assessing promotion needs and developing effective solutions. In close creative collaboration with designer as appropriate, conceive, research, interview, write, record, edit, develop, and distribute communication and marketing materials that foster brand awareness. They may be in the forms of feature articles, press releases, brochures, social media posts, web publications, video, reports, products, and multimedia communications.
Develops messages in support of communication and marketing needs; collaborates to find the most effective way to craft messages for print and electronic media.
Assists with other library services and operations as needed.
Works as part of a dynamic and flexible team; interacts collaboratively with diverse audiences.
Communicates with colleagues, employees, students, and others in a respectful and clear manner
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills, and excellent editorial, interviewing, proofreading, and research skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and fluency with social media tools and Web strategies.
- Knowledge of communication strategies.
- Work experience in which journalistic or marketing writing and editing was a significant component of the position, or equivalent, preferred.
- Familiarity with librarianship, academic libraries, and higher education in general preferred.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and Norwich application: https://norwich.interviewexchange.com