Job Goal: To assist the Library Media Specialist in operating and implementing the educational objectives of the learning center. To assist classroom teachers and the Library Media Specialist in supervising students and helping students locate library resources.
Proficient in technology applications, including word processing; spreadsheets; email; internet browsers and search engines; databases. Other such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
– Assist the Library Media Specialist in the operation of the learning center.
– Assist Library Media Specialist in accurate management of the circulation, cataloging, and maintenance of materials and learning center equipment, including using the library automation system as needed.
– Remain current in the operation of learning center media and equipment, including computers.
– Assist students, staff, and community members in accessing learning center print and technology-based resources.
– Work with students of various educational levels and abilities.
– Help maintain appropriate student behavior in the learning center.
– Operate the library automation system and prepare reports, complete paperwork, and order materials as needed.
– Responsible for the circulation and cataloging operations using the library automation system.
– Responsible for processing, circulation and maintaining materials and learning center equipment, as well as assisting the Library Media Specialist with ordering of new material.
– Sort and re-shelve books, periodicals, and other library/media center materials using the Dewey Decimal system, this includes, but is not limited to, the ability to lift, carry, reach, push, pull and bend.
– Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, in accordance with Federal Law (FERPA).
– Participate in scheduled inservice days.
– Follow written and oral directions.
– Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
– Maintain good attendance in accordance with established days/hours of work.
– Demonstrate professional demeanor in interactions with staff and students.
– Attendance in accordance with established days/hours of work.
– Complete other job related tasks and duties as assigned.