The Integrated Arts Academy seeks a Library Paraeducator to assist the Library Media Specialist in operating and implementing the educational objectives of the learning center. The successful applicant will assist classroom teachers and the Library Media Specialist in supervising students and helping students locate library resources. This will include basic instructional technology support for students using 1:1 technology as well as desktop computers and printers. The position requires a staff member proficient in the use of technology applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet browsers, search engines and databases.
The Learning Center Paraeducator will:
- Assist Library Media Specialist in accurate management of the circulation, cataloging, and maintenance of materials and learning center equipment, including using the library automation system as needed.
- Supervise students in the library.
- Help maintain appropriate student behavior in the learning center.
- Operate the library automation system and prepare reports, complete paperwork, and order materials as needed.
- Sort and re-shelve books, periodicals, and other library/media center materials using the Dewey Decimal system
- Lift (up to 35 lbs) , carry (up to 30 lbs) , reach, push, pull and bend.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to assist with audio visual technology needs throughout the building.
Welcome to the Burlington Schools District!
Diversity Mission Statement
The Burlington School District recognizes and values the diversity of our students, staff and community. The District is committed to a culture of diversity that reflects the voices, perspectives and differences arising from our diverse community and the world. We believe that it is important for students to understand and appreciate human diversity, develop a capacity for cultural competence, and commit to encouraging inclusion in their future lives.
The District will adopt procedures and implement staff training intended to achieve a diverse and culturally competent school community, inclusive of diverse races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and spiritual beliefs, ages, and physical and learning abilities. The administration shall report to the Board annually on its progress, barriers and outcomes. Learn more about us…
Equal Opportunity Employer
Burlington School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Kathy Mathis, Hiring and Retention Coordinator
Burlington School District
150 Colchester Ave.
Burlington, VT 05401
Phone: (802) 540-1014
Fax: (802) 540-3010