Our Essex High School is seeking an individual to oversee, coordinate and carry out a full range of paraprofessional/technical support tasks related to one or more primary library and makerspace functions in our library/media center. Positions shall involve planning, supervising, coordinating, and monitoring the daily operations of assigned instructional and technical functions, and playing a key role in assessing and planning library and makerspace-operating policies and procedures related to assigned functions.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Education, Library Science or other appropriate discipline plus two to four years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Excellent overall understanding of library organization and systems as well as makerspaces, with a broad base of technical knowledge and skills in cataloging and curating resources. Relevant training/experience in use of computerized library information systems, laptops, desktops, kindles and other hardware.
- Strong skills in library instruction and research, and working with students and teachers in a makerspace.
- Good basic administrative, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Ability to effectively perform the duties of the position with minimum supervision and direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate courteously, efficiently and effectively with a variety of individuals, including students, faculty, administrators, parents, and representatives of outside organizations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with peers, subordinates, supervisors, parents, and outside agencies.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
For a list of duties and qualifications Click here for a copy of the job description.
Position pays $17.25/hour for 7.5 hours/day, 187 days/year (including two paid holidays). Excellent benefits package available including family medical and dental insurance; term life insurance; professional development funds; retirement plan with up to 6% employer contributions; and paid leaves.
Applications only accepted electronically through www.schoolspring.com.