Vergennes Union High School, a 460 student, 7-12 school is seeking a Library Media Specialist for the 2017-2018 school year.
The VUHS Library Media Specialist:
- Creates a welcoming environment in the library to serve a diverse body of students and staff.
- Manages the daily operations of the library.
- Works collaboratively with classroom teachers, educational technology integration specialists, and other learning specialists to design and implement standards-based instruction that supports progress in meeting standards in all content areas consistent with the Information Literacy Standards and the 21st Century Skills Framework.
- Ability to maintain and add current Young Adult and Middle Grade Literature to the collection including the DCF Award Books, other award books, and books popular among students and encourages reading for pleasure in a wide variety of genres, both nonfiction and fiction.
- Makes available a balanced and diverse collection of current information resources and technology tools for teachers and students for an enhanced and engaging learning environment which are aligned with relevant Information Literacy and Educational Technology Standards (NETS-S), 21st Century Skills Framework.
- Promotes the ethical use of information in all formats; educate students on digital citizenship to ensure students understand the human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
- Maintains familiarity with the Google Apps for Education (GAFE) suite and new devices as they become available through school technology improvements.
- Is flexible, enthusiastic, able to multi-task, willing to help, think quickly and creatively, and work collaboratively.
- Responsible for teaching a 7th and 8th grade research exploratory that instructs students on the research process and how to evaluate resources.
Applicants should apply to Stephanie Taylor, Principal and provide letter of interest, current resume, transcripts, evidence of licensure and three (3) current letters of recommendation by February 13, 2017 through www.schoolspring.com. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Addison Northwest Supervisory Union is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required