New England Library Association – Information Technology Section 2009 ITS Spring Event Co-sponsored by the Portsmouth Public Library.
Building a better website with Content Management Systems:
Drupal, Joomla, Plone, & WordPress
Keynote by Jessamyn West
Friday, June 12, 2009
10:00 a.m. Â 3:30 p.m.
Portsmouth Public Library, Portsmouth, NH
Registration Fee includes lunch & a free gadget!
NELA members – $50 Non-members – $60
-Space is Limited.
-Registration Closes Monday June 8.
-Mail-In Form available at end of this message
-On-line registration will be available soon.
- Registration & Coffee & Library Tours – 10:00 a.m.
- Keynote: CMS options – Jessamyn West Â 10:30 a.m.
- LUNCH Provided!!! and Library Tours Â 12 noon
- User Presentations: 12:45 p.m. Â 3:00 p.m.
- Drupal – Darien (CT) PL & Paige Eaton Davis, Minuteman Network
- Joomla – Randy Robertshaw, Tyngsborough PL
- Plone – Rick Levine & CMRLS Librarians
- WordPress – Theresa Maturevich, Beverly (MA) PL
- Wrap-Up! – 3:30
Keynote by Jessamyn West
Jessamyn West is a community technology librarian. She lives in a rural
central Vermont where assists tiny libraries with technology planning and implementation. Her favorite color is orange. Jessamyn maintains an online presence at: jessamyn.com – http://jessamyn.com/
Hear librarians share their real-life CMS experiences:
- Staff of the Darien (CT) Public Library
- See their Drupal site here: http://www.darienlibrary.org/
- Paige Eaton Davis, User Services Librarian, Minuteman Library Network, Framingham MA
- Theresa Maturevich, Reference Librarian, Beverly (MA) Public Library
- See their WordPress site here: http://www.beverlypubliclibrary.org/
- Randy Robertshaw, Director, Tyngsborough (MA) Public Library
- See their Joomla site here: http://www.tynglib.org/
- Rick Levine, Technical Specialist, Central MA Regional Library System, Shrewsbury, MA, and CMRLS member library staff
MAIL-IN REGISTRATION FORM
On-line registration will be available soon.
Print and fill out this form, make check payable to: New England Library Association.
175 Andover St., Suite 205
Danvers, MA 01923
Registration Fee includes lunch and gadget!
___NELA members – $50
___Non-members – $60
NELA Program Refund Policy: A full refund shall be granted provided that the registered attendee has contacted the authorized representative of ITS responsible for taking registrations, at least ten (10) business days in advance of the program. In the event that notice is given less than ten days, a refund is not granted, however, they may send a substitute to the program.
For more information, please contact Scott Kehoe at:
978-762-4433 x16 email@example.com.