Please mark your calendars for the 2018 Vermont Library Association Conference!
The VLA Scholarship Committee is pleased to announce that the 2018 VLA Graduate Student Scholarship has been awarded to Susan O’Connell of East Hardwick, VT.
Many thanks to our presenters!
Let’s Get Together: Projects, Strategies, and New Approaches that Worked (Or Didn’t!)
November 17, 2017
St. Michael’s College, Colchester, VT
Full-time, Tenure Track, Faculty Librarian, Hartness Library
- Provide reference services for students and faculty in-person at Vermont Tech and online for Vermont Tech and CCV.
- Provide bibliographic and information literacy instruction.
- Serve as Library liaison and collection developer for assigned specific subject areas.
Special work of the Faculty Librarian includes but is not limited to:
- Coordinating development of the broader collection working with the Library Director, Hartness reference staff and Vermont Tech Faculty.
- Developing, promoting, and coordinating bibliographic instruction and reference services at Vermont Tech.
- Working with other librarians at Hartness VTC/CCV, within the VSC and outside the VSC.
- Acting as liaison between the Library and Vermont Tech Faculty.
- Scholarly and professional activity.
- Service to College and the community.
Some travel required to provide instruction to Vermont Technical College nursing students.
Masters degree from a degree program with American Library Association (A.L.A.) accreditation. Three years of relevant academic library experience. Teaching experience, demonstrated effective communication skills, both oral and written.
Experience working with students and colleagues in an online environment using current technologies.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled or by date specified. However, applications received after the initial screening will be considered at the discretion of the College.
Vermont Tech strongly encourages applications from members of ethnic minority groups and other under-represented backgrounds. Vermont Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the Vermont State Colleges system. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.
NOTE: This job is subject to a fingerprint-supported criminal background check. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of this check.
VSC Faculty Federation bargaining unit, full-time, tenure track
About Vermont Technical College:
Vermont Technical college offers a wide range of associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degree programs in such areas as engineering technology, computer sciences, nursing and allied health, agriculture, business, professional studies, using face-to-face, online, and interactive videoconferencing technologies at multiple campuses and sites state-wide.
In addition, the College delivers numerous certificate programs to students and customized training programs for employers. The College prides itself on the quality of the education experience provided to students and their success after graduation.
Vermont Tech provides career-focused, technical, and specialized education in a caring community which prepares students for immediate workplace success and continued learning.
The Hartland Public Library is seeking a Publicity and Outreach Coordinator to manage library program publicity, social media, and community outreach. Duties include designing flyers to promote library programs, assisting with the creation of the library’s e-newsletter, updating our website and staff picks blog, and managing the library’s Facebook and Twitter pages. The Publicity and Outreach Coordinator will also provide back-up assistance at the circulation desk as needed. Time commitment is 8 hours per week, including three Saturdays per month, with the possibility of additional hours in the future.
- Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of library principles and practices.
- Understands computers and automated library systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of social media, website maintenance, and design principles and software.
- Exhibits strong written and oral communication skills.
- Works in a friendly, pleasant and effective manner with patrons, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Works independently and takes initiative to successfully complete duties.
Education and Training
High school diploma required. Previous library experience and graphic design experience preferred. A college degree is desirable but not required.
Pro-rated paid vacation and sick time. No health insurance or retirement benefits.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to:
Hartland Public Library
153 US Route 5
PO Box 137
Hartland VT 05048
Applications close on December 29, 2017
The Pawlet Public Library is located in the center of Pawlet and acts as both a free library and a community center. Our mission is to provide opportunities and access to resources for personal enrichment and growth through books, technology and programs for all ages.Read More
The Norman Williams Public Library in Woodstock, Vermont seeks a part-time technology whiz to join our staff! If you love learning about the latest gadgets, and excel at helping others learn about technology, we want to hear from you. This is a great opportunity for a tech guru to work and live in the beautiful, welcoming Upper Valley region of Vermont.Read More
The Enfield Public Library in Enfield, NH seeks a part-time Library Clerk to assist with our children’s programs and the daily activities of the library. Job duties and abilities will include but are not limited to the following:Read More
Let’s Get Together: Projects, Strategies, and New Approaches That Worked (Or Didn’t!)
2017 VLA College & Special Libraries Section Fall Program
November 17, 2017
St. Michael’s College