The Hartland Public Library is seeking a Publicity and Outreach Coordinator to manage library program publicity, social media, and community outreach. Duties include designing flyers to promote library programs, assisting with the creation of the library’s e-newsletter, updating our website and staff picks blog, and managing the library’s Facebook and Twitter pages. The Publicity and Outreach Coordinator will also provide back-up assistance at the circulation desk as needed. Time commitment is 8 hours per week, including three Saturdays per month, with the possibility of additional hours in the future.
- Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of library principles and practices.
- Understands computers and automated library systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of social media, website maintenance, and design principles and software.
- Exhibits strong written and oral communication skills.
- Works in a friendly, pleasant and effective manner with patrons, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Works independently and takes initiative to successfully complete duties.
Education and Training
High school diploma required. Previous library experience and graphic design experience preferred. A college degree is desirable but not required.
Pro-rated paid vacation and sick time. No health insurance or retirement benefits.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to:
Hartland Public Library
153 US Route 5
PO Box 137
Hartland VT 05048
Applications close on December 29, 2017