Join your colleagues for this one day workshop presented by the ACRL/NEC Scholarly Communication Interest Group!
Partnering with Faculty: Scholarly Communication Conversations
Thursday July 29, 2010, 9:30-3:00
Olin College, Needham, MA
Registration is limited, so sign up today!
- Keynote Speaker: Heather Joseph, Executive Director of SPARC on Methods and Messages that Work
- Practical work on devising a communication plan to match the interests/needs of a particular “persona” from your community, e.g. faculty member, Dean, graduate student, or undergrad; work in small groups and share ideas with your colleagues!
- Learn about important trends:
- University funds for Open Access author publication fees, and the “Compact for Open-Access Publishing Equity” (COPE)
- Outreach related to data management needs
- Legislative efforts, including FRPAA, that will affect the scholarly publishing environment
- Participate in round-table discussions on key topics
- Meet incoming co-chairs and other officers of Scholarly Communication SIG
- Enjoy networking opportunities at lunch!
Prior registration required; limited to 50, so register now! Registration is $10.
Register here: http://www.acrlnec.org/scig2010