Resource Sharing Assistant I
To provide resource sharing services for Dartmouth College Library, including interlibrary loan, Borrow Direct, and on-campus document delivery. This is a development position where, during the training period, the incumbent receives on-the-job and relevant Access Services department cross training. Initially, works under close supervision as a trainee. As the individual becomes proficient in the work, he/she receives more responsible assignments and works independently with general supervision. Upon completion of the training and when management determines full performance level has been met, the incumbent may be promoted non-competitively to the Resource Sharing Assistant II position.
Resource Sharing Assistant II
To provide resource sharing services for the Dartmouth College Library, including interlibrary loan, Borrow Direct, and on-campus document delivery.
Skills & Knowledge
- Familiarity with local and national resource sharing procedures and policies.
- Familiarity with computer systems and networks, scanning equipment, and related software such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent computer searching skills.
- Ability to work diplomatically with members of the academic community and general public in a public service environment.
- A strong commitment to library public service is essential.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities with a high degree of initiative and judgement, and meet deadlines.
- Reading knowledge of one or more foreign languages helpful.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
Resource Sharing Assistant I: One year of library experience or the equivalent in job experience and/or training.
Resource Sharing Assistant II: Two year of library experience or the equivalent in job experience and/or training.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
Follow the link to learn more and apply: