Waterbury Public Library has an opening for a half-time Technology Librarian to oversee all aspects of digital learning in a beautiful, new municipal library.
Among other responsibilities, the 20 hour/week Technology Librarian will:
- Oversee performance of public and staff computers.
- Develop and implement technology training programs for youth and adults, as well as train-the-trainer programs for library staff.
- Track trends and keep up with developments in new technologies and software with potential application for the library.
- Work with the library’s Maker Team to define the scope of the library’s maker program and develop initiatives that support a culture of making in the library.
- Promote the use of the library’s digital collections and services.
- Assist with maintenance of the library’s website.
A Bachelor’s degree plus two years of work experience is required. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience working with people and technology in a library setting. She/he will enjoy helping people master new skills and will celebrate the potential of public libraries to transform lives. If this sounds like you, please send your résumé and letter of application to Mary Kasamatsu, Library Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.