Through the Community Grants Program, each Best Buy territory across the United States annually selects non-profit organizations that apply for grants to support programs and services that provide opportunities for young teens related to education, life skills, leadership skills or relationship development. This year, Best Buy Children’s Foundation will give $1 million through the Community Grants Program.
Best Buy seeks applications from organizations that have current 501(c)(3) tax status and are serving a diverse population of young teens and their families in the areas of learning, life skills, leadership or relationship development. Special consideration will be given to programs that:
- Are high quality and serve a diverse population
- Build social, academic, leadership and/or life skills in early adolescents (primarily ages 13-18)
- Show positive results against a demonstrated community need
- Reach at-risk children in working families
- Grants will average $5000-$7000 and will not exceed $10,000.
- Non-profits located within 50 miles of a Best Buy store or Distribution Center may apply. See the Best Buy store locator at www.bestbuy.com. [Best Buy stores in Williston, West Lebanon, NH, and Plattsburgh NY]
- Organizations should review the grant eligibility quiz online at http://www.easymatch.com/bestbuygrant to determine if they are eligible to apply.
- Grants are awarded for one year and are not intended to be recurring funding. We invite grantees to re-apply in subsequent years based on program results, although there are no guarantees of multi-year grants.
Vermont Department of Libraries