Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Vermont campus grants borrowing privileges to individuals eligible to borrow under the VCAL (Vermont Consortium of Academic Libraries) agreement. Reasonable limits are set regarding services provided to VCAL borrowers as the library’s main focus is to meet the research needs of ACPHS/VT students, faculty, and staff. Borrowers are responsible for all items checked out on their account and must abide by ACPHS/VT policies.
• An individual with a current VCAL (Vermont Consortium of Academic Libraries) ID card receives borrowing privileges and does not need any additional form of ID. The VCAL borrower ID is issued by the library at the borrower’s academic institution. It is good for one year, and can be renewed.
• VCAL members may borrow up to 2 books concurrently. The general loan period for in-house books is 14 days. Reference and Reserve books may not be checked out.
• Book loans to VCAL borrowers may be renewed once for an additional loan period of 14 days upon request, provided no ACPHS/VT student, faculty or staff member has requested the item.
• Materials on renewed loan may be subject to recall.
• The library does not provide Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services for VCAL borrowers.
Lost, Damaged or Overdue Materials
Reminders & Notices
• VCAL borrowers are expected to treat library materials with care and return items on time and in good condition.
• The library will send a courtesy reminder regarding overdue materials via email two business days after the due date. A final overdue notice will be sent via email one week after the courtesy reminder.
• VCAL Borrowers are responsible for communicating change of email addresses as needed. Borrowers that do not have a valid email address will not receive any courtesy reminder or overdue final notice.
Bills for Materials
• For each unreturned or damaged book, VCAL borrowers will be assessed a $5.00 non-refundable processing fee and be billed for the replacement cost of the item.
• If the VCAL borrower does not pay for the unreturned or damaged book, the VCAL borrower’s member institution will be charged the same rates listed for the VCAL borrower.
• A bill for unreturned items will be generated one week after the final notice. Library bills will be sent to the borrower’s email address.
Loss of Borrowing Privileges
• A VCAL Borrower with outstanding bills will lose borrowing privileges. Borrowing privileges can be reinstated when the account is in good standing order.
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences reserves the right to amend these policies.