The Deborah Rawson Memorial Library in Jericho, VT is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced leader to fill the position of Youth Librarian. Under the supervision and policy direction of the Library Director, the Youth Librarian is responsible for direct services to youth and their caregivers.
Responsibilities cover the full range of youth services, including: selecting all youth materials; circulation and cataloging of materials; developing and carrying out youth programming from infants through teens. Provides outreach services and partners with schools, day care centers, homeschool families and community groups.
- Vermont Library Certification (or willingness to pursue), and/or two years’ experience working in public or school libraries.
- Experience with children’s services, including acquisitions and programming
- Knowledge of youth literature
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patrons, community organizations and local schools
- Ability to develop and deliver excellent customer service in a fun, warm, and welcoming environment for children of all ages
- A positive attitude, flexibility, and a sense of humor
This position is 30 hour per week and includes some circulation desk duties.
Hourly wage based upon experience. Position does include benefits.
CLOSING DATE: September 14, 2016
Submit cover letter, resume, & 3 references to:
Holly Hall, Library Director
Deborah Rawson Memorial Library
8 River RD.
Jericho, VT, 05465