The right candidate will embrace our diverse community and will possess strong interpersonal, technical, planning, and organizational skills along with the knowledge necessary to create innovative programming and events that engage a range of audiences (e.g., patrons and donors). We are looking for someone who will thrive in our organizational culture, which values collaboration, playfulness, flexibility, and dedication. As an advocate for the Library and the authority on programming and outreach, the Adult Programming & Events Librarian is responsible for the planning, coordination,
presentation, and evaluation of adult programs, services, and enrichment opportunities. This individual will also assist in identifying funding opportunities (e.g. grants), as well as communicating Library offerings through print materials, press releases to local media outlets, e-newsletters, and community partners. The incumbent will be critical in leading efforts to re-envision the role of volunteers in supporting the Library’s programs. This position requires balancing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced and forward-thinking environment with an emphasis on providing exemplary customer service to patrons.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Warm, engaged, collaborative, flexible, and enthusiastic disposition; open-minded and receptive to
- Successful in cultivating and maintaining positive, collaborative working relationships with community
partners, supervisors, colleagues, Board members, patrons, funders, and volunteers as part of a
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to speak compellingly about the Library’s mission in front of large and small audiences.
- Resourceful and self-directed; pro-active and adept at anticipating organizational needs; open to innovation and experienced in leading change.
- Adept at using technology; data and outcomes driven.
- Capacity to multitask and prioritize competing demands while remaining calm, positive, and detail-
oriented. Able to perform accurately in a fast-paced work environment, adapting and responding to shifting demands.
- Experience participating in engagement and management of support staff or volunteers.
- Rigorous standards for personal and professional integrity.
- Read more and apply here.
– Posted September 7, 2020