The Richards Free Library of Newport NH seeks a dynamic individual to become Assistant Director.
- Responsible for managing the library in the absence of the director.
- Catalogs all materials and maintains library’s OPAC and oversees materials for processing.
- Oversees ILL service including streamlining the ILL procedures and training staff in those procedures.
- Oversees marketing and social media.
- Responsible for purchasing library supplies.
- Compiles monthly statistics and deposits.
- Performs all duties of the circulation desk including assisting patrons with library needs, including: quick reference, detailed research and reader’s advisory assistance, explanation of policies and procedures to the public, room scheduling, ensure the return of materials and troubleshooting computer and equipment issues.
- Trains other staff in library systems, procedures and policies.
- Helps develop and coordinate special projects, programs and grant funding.
- Manages volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Skill in the latest computer technology.
- Ability to adopt and integrate emerging technologies.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort with presenting to groups and teaching classes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, staff of other libraries, and the public.
- Ability to conduct oneself with tact and courtesy.
- Has a sense of humor and a commitment to customer service.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as scheduled.
- Ability to form relationships that give the library a high profile role in the community.
A Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution is preferred or a combination of education and experience may be considered.
Status : The position is full time (40 hour week) and non-exempt.
Closing Date: March 31, 2020
To Apply: Please send resumé with cover letter and three references via email to: Andrea Thorpe (email@example.com)
– Posted March 4, 2020