The Enfield Public Library seeks a creative and motivated individual to fill the position of Assistant Librarian. This person has a lot of freedom to make this role their own and the position offers great potential for experimentation and creativity. While focused on managing all aspects of children’s services and interlibrary loan, this is an Assistant Director level role with responsibilities in almost all areas of library service.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist the Town Librarian in the organization, management, and administration of the library. Stands in for the Town Librarian in their absence
- Have strong knowledge of youth literature and significant experience planning and implementing age appropriate programming for children
- Have thorough knowledge of library principles and practices, current issues and trends
- Set a positive tone within the library and help enhance community ties
- Be proactive in leading the library toward pioneering new projects
Essential Attributes and Skills:
- Comfortable working independently in a busy environment
- Excellent patron service a must with the ability to communicate courteously and effectively with people of all age levels, abilities, needs, and backgrounds
- Proficiency with technology, digital and social media, and the ability to do instructional assistance on devices
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and supervisory experience skills
An ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science and 5+ years progressively responsible public library service, including supervisory and administrative ability OR the equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The Town of Enfield is located in the Upper Valley region and the library serves a population of 4,580. The position includes some evening hours and is full time with benefits including health insurance, retirement, vacation, sick, and personal days. Starting salary is $22.50 an hour. Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Melissa Hutson: [email protected]. Application deadline is October 31, 2019. No phone calls please.
– Posted September 28, 2019