The Swanton Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Librarian (part-time) to join our team of enthusiastic librarians! Duties would entail attending to the circulation desk, helping to plan and run library programs, sorting books, and assisting in general operations.
You should be:
- Over 18.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Willing to execute the occasional event.
- Courteous and proactive.
- Enjoy working with the public.
- Interested in reading and learning (we are a library, after all).
- Be able to lift at least 20 lbs. (books are heavy).
Please send a resume, three references, and a cover letter to [email protected] In the cover letter, in addition to explicating how awesome you are, tell us a.) what would excite you about working at a library, and b.) three books that have had an impact on you in your life (we are a library, after all).
—posted on January 21st, 2019