The Wardsboro Public Library in Wardsboro, VT is seeking a part-time Library Director/ Librarian. 4 days/ week, 23 hrs./ week, Saturdays and some evening hours, flexible work schedule. Wage is commensurate with experience starting at $16/hr. Experience, VT Certificate of Public Librarianship, or college degree is a plus
If you love libraries, enjoy reading and want to encourage others to read…
If you like working with other community organizations and want the library to become more than just a place for books …
If you are creative and innovative, use technology, communicate well, can interact professionally with others and have a positive get it done attitude….
If you enjoy designing interesting library programs and services that meet the needs of people of all ages..
then you could be a good fit for this job.
Under the supervision of the Board of Library Trustees, these are some of the librarian’s duties:
- manage the daily operations of the library,
- organize the acquisition, access of adult’s and children’s library collections,
- design, develop and deliver an array of library programs and services to address the various needs of patrons of all ages and interests,
- oversee the safety, cleanliness and neatness of the library’s physical space in compliance with CDC and ACCD COVID requirements and guidelines,
- communicate and promote library services and programs through the Internet, Facebook, library website, and other electronic media,
- manages the cataloging and circulation of materials using Verso, interlibrary loan services (using Clover), assist patrons to find materials and resources in the library,
- manage the purchase and maintenance of computers and other electronic devices and assist patrons in using them.
- supervise volunteers
Experience/ Skills Requirements
- library experience and VT Certificate of Public Librarianship or college degree a plus.
- excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
- able to plan and set realistic goals, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- able to solve problems effectively by identifying issues, determining causes and implements appropriate solutions in a variety of situations,
- able to control finances and supplies while keeping within budget
- able to use technology, proficient in Microsoft Office, Google suite, Facebook, Instagram, integrated library systems, WordPress and Canva
- establish positive working relationships with trustees, Friends of the Library and other community organizations.
Training is available.
For more information, leave a message at 802-896-6576 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, email or send a resume and cover letter to Wardsboro Public Library PO Box 170 Main St. Wardsboro, VT 05355.
– Posted 5/9/21