Brandon Free Public Library, an independent, 501(C)(3) non-profit library is seeking an energetic, community oriented individual with the ability to interact both positively and creatively with patrons, staff, and in the completion of daily tasks, as well as comfort with established and emerging technology.
This is a part-time circulation position, approximately 10 hours per week, starting immediately. The rate of pay is $15.00 per hour. The position is temporary, with the hope that funds will become available to support a long term position.
The position requires flexibility in scheduling. The specific hours worked will be based on community needs and may change periodically as those needs change. Evening and weekend hours are required. The person in this position will do in-person, direct-service work in the library. This is not a remote position.
- Library Staffing: assists patrons of all ages in every aspect of using the library, including computer and device troubleshooting.
- Other duties will include shelving, programming preparation, other projects as assigned.
- User-centered public service philosophy
- Computer experience, which must include ability to work effectively with modern integrated library automation systems (training will be provided), MS Office Suite products (including Word, Excel, and Outlook), and Google Apps
- Ability to adapt to and use new technologies and software
- Flexibility, creativity, attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal skills are a must
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team in a solutions-oriented environment
Please note, the above job description describes the general nature, tasks, responsibilities, and level of work to be performed; it is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of every responsibility, duty, and skill required for the position.
This position requires bending, reaching, lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying up to 50lbs. (books, computers, etc.), standing and sitting for extended periods.
Screening of applications starts immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Molly Kennedy, Director
Brandon Free Public Library
Brandon Free Public Library is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
– Posted September 17, 2020