Hartness Library is looking for someone to coordinate and carry out circulation of library materials to the Vermont Tech and Community College of Vermont communities. Job duties include:
- Coordinate operations and workflow at the circulation desk including scheduling coverage for opening hours.
- Regularly staff the circulation desk, administering course reserves, circulating items, and responding to patron queries in-person, over the phone and online.
- Organize the hiring, training, supervision and scheduling of part-time student assistants in circulation services and stack maintenance.
- Coordinate the maintenance and updating of the patron database and circulation policies.
- Coordinate with staff at CCV academic centers, VTC remote sites and other Vermont State College Libraries to ensure efficient circulation and return of shared VSC materials.
- Oversee overdue notices and billing for lost items and work with patrons to ensure return of materials.
- Coordinate stacks maintenance including print periodicals, and shifting of collections to accommodate acquisitions and de-selection.
- Oversee the Library space and communicate with the appropriate office for resolution of equipment and facilities issues. Communicate issues to staff.
- Report and track library statistics related to circulation, usage of the services and space.
- Assist with inter-library loans and other library functions as needed.
For full details and to apply online, visit: Work at Vermont Tech
– Posted October 16, 2019