Coordinate and carry out circulation of library materials to the Vermont Tech and Community College of Vermont communities.
- Coordinate operations and workflow at the circulation desk including scheduling coverage for opening hours.
- Regularly staff the circulation desk, administering course reserves, circulating items, and responding to patron queries in-person, over the phone and online.
- Organize the hiring, training, supervision and scheduling of part-time student assistants in circulation services and stack maintenance.
- Coordinate the maintenance and updating of the patron database and circulation policies.
- Coordinate with staff at CCV academic centers, VTC remote sites and other Vermont State College Libraries to ensure efficient circulation and return of shared VSC materials.
- Oversee overdue notices and billing for lost items and work with patrons to ensure return of materials.
- Coordinate stacks maintenance including print periodicals, and shifting of collections to accommodate acquisitions and de-selection.
- Oversee the Library space and communicate with the appropriate office for resolution of equipment and facilities issues. Communicate issues to staff.
- Report and track library statistics related to circulation, usage of the services and space.
- Assist with inter-library loans and other library functions as needed.
Bachelor’s degree plus two to four years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Excellent overall understanding of college library organization and systems, with a broad base of technical knowledge and skills related to the position.
- Interest and ability to learn new technology. Relevant training or experience in use of computerized library information systems preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and ability to deal effectively with library patrons necessary.
- Strong reading, writing, math, and analytical/problem solving skills required.
- Good basic administrative, organizational and supervisory skills needed.
- Valid Vermont driver’s license required.