Coordinate and carry out circulation of library materials to the Vermont Tech and Community College of Vermont communities.
- Coordinate operations and workflow at the circulation desk including scheduling coverage for opening hours.
- Regularly staff the circulation desk, administering course reserves, circulating items, and responding to patron queries in-person, over the phone and online.
- Organize the hiring, training, supervision and scheduling of part-time student assistants in circulation services and stack maintenance.
- Coordinate the maintenance and updating of the patron database and circulation policies.
- Coordinate with staff at CCV academic centers, VTC remote sites and other Vermont State College Libraries to ensure efficient circulation and return of shared VSC materials.
- Oversee overdue notices and billing for lost items and work with patrons to ensure return of materials.
- Coordinate stacks maintenance including print periodicals, and shifting of collections to accommodate acquisitions and de-selection.
- Oversee the Library space and communicate with the appropriate office for resolution of equipment and facilities issues. Communicate issues to staff.
- Report and track library statistics related to circulation, usage of the services and space.
- Assist with inter-library loans and other library functions as needed.
Bachelor’s degree plus two to four years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Excellent overall understanding of college library organization and systems, with a broad base of technical knowledge and skills related to the position.
- Interest and ability to learn new technology. Relevant training or experience in use of computerized library information systems preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and ability to deal effectively with library patrons necessary.
- Strong reading, writing, math, and analytical/problem solving skills required.
- Good basic administrative, organizational and supervisory skills needed.
- Valid Vermont driver’s license required.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled or by date specified. However, applications received after the initial screening will be considered at the discretion of the College.
Vermont Tech strongly encourages applications from members of ethnic minority groups and other under-represented backgrounds. Vermont Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the Vermont State Colleges system. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.
NOTE: This job is subject to a fingerprint-supported criminal background check. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of this check.
VSCSF bargaining unit Grade: 10, FLSA: Non-Exempt Full-time 37.5hrs/week, Monday-Friday 8-4:30, 12 months
About Vermont Technical College:
Vermont Technical college offers a wide range of associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degree programs in such areas as engineering technology, computer sciences, nursing and allied health, agriculture, business, professional studies, using face-to-face, online, and interactive videoconferencing technologies at multiple campuses and sites state-wide.
In addition, the College delivers numerous certificate programs to students and customized training programs for employers. The College prides itself on the quality of the education experience provided to students and their success after graduation.
Vermont Tech provides career-focused, technical, and specialized education in a caring community which prepares students for immediate workplace success and continued learning.
Apply online at https://www.vtc.edu/meet-vermont-tech/work-vermont-tech
– Posted September 13, 2019