1.00 FTE Design and Technology Teacher
The Champlain Valley School District is seeking a dynamic educator to join the Williston Central
School (WCS) community as a Design and Technology Teacher. Located in Chittenden
County, WCS is part of a progressive learning community of dedicated faculty and staff serving
approximately 700 students in 3rd through 8th grade. This position involves working with
students in grades 3-8 with a major emphasis on grades 5-8. Preferred qualifications for this
full-time position include a current Vermont Professional Educator’s license and endorsement in
Design and Technology Education or be eligible for licensure. Applicants with related
endorsements in the STEM field may also be considered.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Create a learning environment where all students feel safe and welcome, forming
authentic relationships of trust and respect.
- Create opportunities for students to design and apply concepts that support relevant and
authentic application of science, mathematics, technology and engineering.
- Have expertise and knowledge of emerging design and fabrication tools and machines;
robotics and coding; rudimentary circuitry; woodworking; computer assisted design;
construction engineering and design; and 3D design and printing.
- Have strong communication skills and knowledge of standards-based instruction.
- Collaborate well with colleagues to create integrated learning opportunities.
- Integrate STEM and Maker Movement practices into the Design and Technology
The position will begin July 1, 2021. A competitive salary and benefit package will be offered to
the successful candidate based upon qualifications, education, and experience.
CVSD is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that all of our students
achieve our mission – which means we are also committed to developing a faculty and staff that
represents the inclusive, welcoming environment we seek to develop for students and families.
We seek applicants with diverse experiences who share this commitment and strongly
encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), immigrants, women, and LGBTQ
candidates to apply.
Interested candidates shall apply online to www.schoolspring.com with a letter of interest,
resume, proof of licensure and three current letters of reference. Paper applications will not be
accepted. Open until filled.
– Posted 7/20/21