- Develops and evaluates workflow at the Baker-Berry circulation and reserve desks and consults with other Access Services supervisors to coordinate shared services. 20%
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates the Information Access Assistants and the Access Services Student Supervisor positions. Schedules staff and students at Baker-Berry Library service points; works with other library access service points to ensure adequate coverage. May be assigned to supervise or staff other library access service points. 20%
- Participates in all aspects of direct patron service. Triage and respond to information requests via email, phone and chat services. 20%
- Shares responsibility for overseeing building maintenance, security and emergency planning. 10%
- Convenes regularly scheduled staff meetings to discuss workflow, procedural, or policy changes; provides training opportunities to ensure staff are proficient in a changing environment. 10
- Participates in the system-wide planning, testing, and implementation of circulation/reserve policies, procedures, and services; works with unit supervisors throughout the Library to ensure mutually effective procedures and policies that impact circulation/reserve operations. 10%
- Participates on Dartmouth College Library committees and task forces representing circulation and reserve services. 10%
- Bachelors plus 3-5 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least three years of library experience preferably in public service.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational and communication skills.
- Superior skills in diplomacy, conflict-resolution and consensus-building.
- Experience using a library automated circulation system or the equivalent.
- ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS
- Experience collecting and analysing data to inform decision making
- Experience with community outreach and marketing of services
For more information: https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/60616
– Posted 12/3/21