Under general direction of the Circulation Manager, the Evening/Weekend Supervisor is responsible for providing quality and consistent customer and circulation services, for supervising, monitoring and training work study students, for communicating effectively with day shift, the activities during the evening shifts, for building security, and for assisting with various other projects.
This is a part-time position, every other week, 30 weeks per academic year (Fri 4-7pm, Sat 11am-5pm, Sun 1-4pm)
Full COVID vaccination is required for all on-campus employment.
- Responsible for the customer service and circulation activities at the library services desk.
- Provides continuous training and supervises students at the library services desk; relays shift changes and student performance issues to the Circulation Manager.
- Monitor the library during evening and weekend hours of operation.
- Recommend changes or additions to library policies and procedures if necessary.
- Provide basic reference (information about the library and its services) and equipment support.
- Closes and secures building following Closing Procedures and relays any issues to Public Safety and the Circulation Manager.
- Communicates with colleagues, employees, students, and others in a respectful and clear manner.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- A completed bachelor’s degree; additional years of directly related experience and course work beyond high school may be substituted for degree.
- Supervisory skills preferred.
- Customer service skills.
- General knowledge of computer systems and programs including word processing, databases, and spreadsheets.
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a positive education and work environment that recognizes and respects the dignity of all students, faculty and staff. Reasonable accommodations will be made for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring immigration sponsorship, including but not limited to non-immigrant visas such as H1B, STEM, or F1, now or in the future. A post offer, pre-employment background check will be required of the successful candidate.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and Norwich application: https://norwich.interviewexchange.com
– Posted 11/14/21