Vermont Library Association (VLA) Individual Members are eligible to join the New England Library Association (NELA) at a reduced rate of $20.00 a year ($15.00 a year for Student, Retiree, Friend, Trustee, or Unemployed VLA members)! Join both state and regional library associations and you’ll be full members of both and receive all the benefits accorded to your membership type in each organization.
For NELA it includes: NELA News and email announcements, discounts on NELA events and conferences, access to shadowing opportunities and mentors, and connection with library professionals accross New England
For VLA it includes: 4 issues of VLA News e-newsletter, discounts on VLA events and conferences, 20% off tuition at Drexel, eligibility for scholarships, access to the Vermont Library Substitute Pool and mentors, and voting in VLA elections.
For more information about NELA Membership: http://nelib.org/membership/
Eligibility and Details –
- reduced rate available for Individual Members only (Institutional Memberships are not eligible)
- you must become and maintain members in both organizations to receive the NELA Extended Membership rate.
- the further reduced rate of $15.oo applies only to VLA Individual Members who sign up as Student, Retiree, Friend, Trustee, or Unemployed.
- if you are already a member of NELA, your membership will change to calendar year regardless of when you sign up. So, your renewal this year for both organizations will begin January 1, 2016.
How to Sign Up –
- Fill out the VLA Membership Form
- Pay via Paypal by adding a NELA Extended Membership option AND your VLA membership dues to your cart.
VLA Questions: email Helen Linda at [email protected]
NELA Questions: email Bob Scheier at [email protected]